Am hanging out at the Centre for Social Innovation today, getting work done for meetings at 3:00, 5:00 and 5:30. Found some links that may interest you to read.
I would say with some confidence that every person who works in an arts organization is overworked to some degree. I present you a link from Stepcase Lifehack – How to Manage a Staff That’s Overworked.
And of course we all know the times they are a changin’ over at Facebook – a link from Mashable on how isn’t just changing, but profoundly changing.
And of course, near and dear to my heart:
Call for Submissions: 2012 Toronto Fringe New Play Contest, Toronto Fringe Festival
Deadline October 24th, 2011
The 2012 Toronto Fringe New Play Contest sponsored by Exclamation Foundation in association with macIDeas.
The purpose of the Toronto Fringe New Play Contest is to support the development of new Canadian plays with sponsorship from Exclamation Foundation and macIDeas.
The contest is open to all playwrights/writers who are permanent residents of Canada. Only one entry per playwright is permitted.
Submit a completed entry form, a copy of the script and the entry fee. The final deadline for all entries is October 24th, 2010 at 5:00pm or when 80 entries have been received.
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW:
- Plays must be a new, original work.
- Plays which have previously placed first, second or third place in the Fringe New Play Contest are not eligible.
- Plays must not have been previously produced however plays that have been work-shopped are eligible.
- Plays entered must have a performance time of 90 minutes or less.
- The contest is open to permanent residents of Canada.
- One application per playwright allowed.
- The winner must use the Fringe slot to produce the play that was submitted to the contest.
FIRST PLACE PRIZE: $1250 cash!
Plus a spot in the 2012 Toronto Fringe Festival ($725 value) and consultation from macIDeas ($500 value)
Second Place: $200 cash
Third Place: $100 cash
For complete submission guidelines, please visit: www.fringetoronto.com
Questions? Call 416-966-1062 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for additional information.