I said yesterday that once I’d finished shaking my head, I’d be back today with a stack of art-type PSAs . Lisa and I have compiled the following.
Actually, before we get to them, I wanted to tell you how immensely thrilled I am that Proud has been picked up by GCTC in Ottawa to open their 2013 season in September. So very, very pleased.
1) The Gladstone Hotel offers life-drawing classes almost every Wednesday night at 8 pm, usually in the Art Bar. Bring your own materials.
2) Call for Submissions: Applications Open for the Next Stage Theatre Festival – click here for details.
3) Seth Godin’s Field Guide to the Meeting Troll – we’ve all been in meetings with this person.
4) From Imagine Canada – Five Common Mistakes in Grant Writing
6) The 2013 Fringe Festival is just around the corner, and having completed the first read-through of Dan Reddican’s musical It’s Always You last week, the hunt for rehearsal spaces has begun. Luckily for us (and you!) the Fringe has compiled a list of rehearsal spaces around the city. It’s a reliable and comprehensive list with specific details about sizing and pricing, and it will depend on what suits your needs. Our top three spaces so far are COBA (585 Dundas St. E, Suite 130 Daniels Spectrum), the Bloor St. United Church (300 Bloor Street W) and Lower Ossington Theatre (100A Ossington Ave).
7) And finally – further to yesterday’s post about your product and your brand – from gettingattention.org courtesy a friend of mine – How to Communicate in the Midst of Tragedy. Number Six is a doozy.